Paper and electronic medical records
The current use of paper and electronic medical records has failed to keep pace with technology and globalization.
- Critical information held in one hospital cannot readily be accessed if the individual requires urgent medical care elsewhere.
- Patients do not have ready access to their medical records and cannot routinely assess the treatment they get against the treatment they should get.
- The same patient can be given different advice / treatment for the same disease depending on the hospital they visit or the clinician they see.
- Computers are used simply to store and retrieve information. The processing power within computers is vastly under-utilised
Capl® : Interactive, intelligent, patient-owned medical record
Capl® is a mobile health application that allows individuals and professionals syncronous and real-time access to records by utilising the power of Smart Phones. It provides a low cost scalable solution to the challenges posed by current systems. Healthcare is at its best when the patient is at the centre of pathways and processes.
- Capl® gives the patient primary ownership of medical records with hospital databases acting as back-ups.
- Capl® integrated intelligent systems identify risks based on the user's medical information and make evidence-based recommendations based on national guidelines.
- Intelligent algorithms support clinical decision making, reduce variations in care and reduce errors.
- Patients know the care they should expect based on national guidelines
- Bespoke high-quality and evidence-based information can be delivered in different languages and different formats (text, audio, video)
- Costs are low because smart phones and the mobile telecom infrastructure do not have to be re-created
- Health institutions can only be truly paperless when patients are paperless